Friday, April 3, 2009

As a translator


Back in the day in Mexico the idea of going to school was directly linked to getting a job. While in the University of Guadalajara and at a very young age I selected the field of Languages as my area of specialty (kind of like a major). It has been 15 years since I started to freelance as a translator and interpreter. I've always liked the idea of lending my voice to those eager to share new ideas and concepts and my ears to those willing to learn from them and break the barriers of language.
I've been a member of the American Translators Association (www.atanet.org/) since 2004. The biggest, most relevant work I've ever done as a translator is the localization of a video game for kids with cancer called Re-Mission (www.re-mission.net/) and the materials for its clinical trial. It was super hard and fantastic!

No comments:

Post a Comment