Friday, April 3, 2009

As a psychologist

I was also trained at the University of Guadalajara (http://www.udg.mx/) and I loved it. I poured myself into those many years of study and obtained the award for academic excellency for getting the best grades of my generation.

While still in college, in 1998, I started working on the field evaluating patients in psychiatric hospitals. I also worked as a school psychologist for a few years. But soon I realized I wanted to work with families and couples so, in 1999 I opened my private practice: APOYA (Asesoria Psicologica, Orientacion y Analisis). Some of my collegues came to work at what became a comprehensive unit for psychological attention and support.

I work very succesfully with a broad group of people serving our community until 2003 which is the year I moved back to USA to work at Stanford.

No comments:

Post a Comment